Click here to edit title

Section 2

The Forum ...

Forum Home > Your Posts ... > 'CHUCK' PLUMPTON ...

Mark Hardy
Site Owner

It goes without saying that all passings are sad, but the passing of Chuck on August 6th is particularly sad from the point-of-view that, in my opinion, he was one of those that certainly made the BOAC that we all came to know and love what it was. 
   When Chuck was in charge, it was no hassle...lotsa laughs...happy crew...happy pax...a happy duty day..........simples!!!

Chuck's granddaughter Jess sent us the following - surely a measure of the man*!)...:-

"My grandfather, Chuck Plumpton, passed away in the early hours of Monday morning very suddenly. He worked for British Airways for 29 years and treasured his years in the skies - he was always telling stories of his trips and the trouble he'd get up to.

He was the kind of man that once you met, you would never forget. Chuck was hugely charismatic, ever a flirt, always cracking a joke and telling stories of days gone by. Simply put he was the kindest man and will be sorely missed by his partner Angela Davidson, 2 sons, 2 step-daughters and 4 grandchildren.

If anyone knew him and has a memory to share of your flights with him, we’d very much love to hear them. I’ve attached a photo of him in his BA years to hopefully jog your memories and of him on his birthday in April of this year....

The funeral is at Chichester Crematorium / 1530/18th Aug. There is a wake, organised by his 2 sons, at The Gribble Inn, a few miles away at Oving where you would be most welcome to join us. Collectively, we have a very small family so the more the merrier.

If anyone else would like to pay their respects, give Marcus a call on 07958 934170 ... ".

--

Mark

August 10, 2017 at 7:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

michael Franklin-Harris

Very Sad, He Was A Nice Man...I A Few Trips With Him

August 11, 2017 at 12:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.